ACCT 551 Week 3 Quiz 2023 Business Finance
2023 ACCT 551 Intermediate Accounting II DeVry 1 Question TCO D
ACCT 551 – Intermediate Accounting II (DeVry)
1. Question : (TCO D) A bond discount should be shown on the balance sheet as:
2. Question : (TCO D) “In-substance defeasance” is a term used to refer to an arrangement whereby
3. Question : (TCO D) On January 1, 2010, Ellison Co. issued eight-year bonds with a face value of $1,000,000 and a stated interest rate of 6%, payable semiannually on June 30 and December 31. The bonds were sold to yield 8%. Table values are:
4. Question : (TCO D) On January 1, 2010, Crown Company sold property to Leary Company. There was no established exchange price for the property, and Leary gave Crown a $2,000,000 zero-interest-bearing note payable in five equal annual installments of $400,000, with the first payment due December 31, 2010. The prevailing rate of interest for a note of this type is 9%. The present value of the note at 9% was $1,442,000 at January 1, 2010. What should be the balance of the Discount on Notes Payable account on the books of Leary at December 31, 2010 after adjusting entries are made, assuming that the effective-interest method is used?
5. Question : (TCO D) On January 1, 2006, Goll Corp. issued 1,000 of its 10%, $1,000 bonds for $1,040,000. These bonds were to mature on January 1, 2016, but were callable at 101 any time after December 31, 2009. Interest was payable semiannually on July 1 and January 1. On July 1, 2011, Goll called all of the bonds and retired them. Bond premium was amortized on a straight-line basis. Before income taxes, Goll’s gain or loss in 2011 on this early extinguishment of debt was
We give our students 100% satisfaction for their assignment, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us from other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason that our inception days, we have helped more than 100000 students with their assignments successfully. Our expert’s group have more than 2200 professionals of different topics, and that not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.