5 pages in 48 hours 2023 Business Finance
2023 Balance Sheet Background Info Research Info The main purpose of this module is
Balance Sheet Background Info/ Research Info
The main purpose of this module is to review the balance sheet in more detail. Go to http://www.starbucks.com and click on the investor relations link. Locate the annual reports for the past two years. Review Starbucks’ financial report, review background material, and do additional research as needed to write an essay where you incorporate answers to the questions below.
Incorporate responses to the questions above in an organized format. Start with an introduction and end with a conclusion/summary. Use headings and subheadings to organize the essay. Do not forget to include references in APA format, five pages in length.
Find information for coffee store franchises in the iExpert Industry Summary. Add three facts about the industry and comment on the information relative to Starbucks.
1. Distinguish between an expense (expired cost) and an asset.
2. Distinguish between short-term and long-term assets.
3. Distinguish between short-term and long-term liabilities.
4. Review Starbucks’ balance sheet and provide two examples of each of the above categories (short-term assets, long-term assets, short-term liabilities, and long-term liabilities).
5. How much debt does Starbucks have? Is the amount of debt high? How do we know if it is considered high? (Hint: Find financial information in IBIS World.)
6. Discuss retained earnings and how income or loss and dividends affect this account. Review Starbucks’ retained earnings account and explain how it changed during the past two years. Show details.
7. What is the difference between an annual report and a 10-k? Do companies have to publish both reports? Does Starbucks publish both?
8. Who were the auditors for the financial statements?
Prepare a table showing: Required
Submit the Excel spreadsheet. All information should be part of the spreadsheet. Written comments should be brief and refer to the balance sheet. Both content and presentation matter.
Definitions for finance, financial accounting, managerial accounting, and managerial economics, Describe how the disciplines are connected. All information, including explanations, should be presented in the table. All information should be part of the spreadsheet. Written comments should be brief and refer to the balance sheet. Both content and presentation matter. Use and submit the Excel to create an easy-to-read table with headings and colors or shading where appropriate. The content is most important, but a professional-looking format matters too. Assume that this table will be part of a formal presentation.
Recreate the balance sheet in an Excel spreadsheet. Use cell formulae to add and subtract numbers. Add a column next to the balance sheet for answers to the questions listed below.
1. Is accounts payable larger or smaller than accounts receivable? What is the difference? What do the numbers indicate? Explain.
2. What does “equipment net of depreciation” mean?
3. Are payables short-term or long-term?
4. Determine total liabilities.
5. Determine net short-term assets or liabilities.
6. Determine the total amount owed by VWV at the end of the year.
7. How do we know that the above is a corporate (not a sole proprietor) balance sheet?
Balance sheet for VWV Company info is located on the screen shot images enclosed
We give our students 100% satisfaction for their assignment, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us from other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason that our inception days, we have helped more than 100000 students with their assignments successfully. Our expert’s group have more than 2200 professionals of different topics, and that not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.