Assignment 2023 Business Finance
2023 Discussion Question CLO 6 The opening statement on the website of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries OPEC says
Discussion Question – CLO 6
- The opening statement on the website of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) says its members seek “ … to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.” To achieve these goals, OPEC attempts to coordinate and unify petroleum policies by raising or lowering its members’ collective oil production. However, increased production by the United States, Russia, Oman, Mexico, Norway, and other non-OPEC countries has placed downward pressure on the price of crude oil.
- To achieve these goals of stable and fair oil prices, what must OPEC do to maintain the price of oil at its desired level?
- How easy it is for OPEC to achieve this goal? (Chapter 9, Problem15)
Activity 3 – CLO 6
Please analyze the following scenario by incorporating your learning from Chapters 9 & 10 of your textbook and answer the question:
- Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are the leading competitors in the market for cola products. In 1960 Coca-Cola introduced Sprite, which today is among the worldwide leaders in the lemon-lime soft drink market and ranks in the top 10 among all soft drinks worldwide. Prior to 1999, PepsiCo did not have a product that competed directly against Sprite and had to decide whether to introduce such a soft drink. By not introducing a lemon-lime soft drink, PepsiCo would continue to earn a $200 million profit, and Coca-Cola would continue to earn a $300 million profit.
- Suppose that by introducing a new lemon-lime soft drink, one of two possible strategies could be pursued:
- PepsiCo could trigger a price war with Coca-Cola in both the lemon-lime and cola markets
- Coca-Cola could acquiesce and each firm maintains its current 50/50 split of the cola market and split the lemon-lime market 30/70 (PepsiCo/Coca-Cola).
- If PepsiCo introduced a lemon-lime soft drink and a price war resulted, both companies would earn profits of $100 million. Alternatively, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo would earn $275 million and $227 million, respectively.
- If PepsiCo introduced a lemon-lime soft drink and Coca-Cola acquiesced, they can split the markets.
- Please explain, as a manager at PepsiCo,
- How you can convince your colleagues that introducing the new soft drink is the most profitable strategy by explaining the reasoning and theoretical analysis (Chapter 10 – Problem13).
We give our students 100% satisfaction for their assignment, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us from other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason that our inception days, we have helped more than 100000 students with their assignments successfully. Our expert’s group have more than 2200 professionals of different topics, and that not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.
Place Order Now