Strategic Project Management 2023 Business Finance
2023 DUE DATE 11 12 Jan 2018 DUE TIME 15 18 00Hrs TOTAL Budget 20 00 This assignment is
DUE DATE: 11 & 12 Jan 2018; DUE TIME: 15 & 18:00Hrs;
TOTAL Budget: $20.00
This assignment is in 2 parts.
Part 1: Topic 1
DUE DATE: 11 Jan 2018 DUE TIME: 15:00Hrs GMT
PART 1: Virtual Teams
Please read the following article before responding to this part of the question:
Tyler, M. (2008). Virtual management of teams: A revolutionary approach. Proceedings from EABR & TLC ’08: The European Applied Business Research Conference, and The College Teaching & Learning Conference. Rothenburg, GE: Clute Institute.
According to Tyler in order to lead virtual teams today a manager must be a serving manager instead of a directing manager. In distributive computing there is one computer that services all the other computers to allow them to do their individual work. Yet this computer is the focal point for all computers to pass data through, store data, exchange data and reconcile differences through. This computer is called a “server” because while it is not the most powerful computer or, the most versatile computer or, even the most expensive computer, it is a workhorse that is reliable, available, maintainable, and dependable (Tyler, 2008).
Tyler’s premise that, in the development of a virtual team, you must also look for a team leader that holds these qualities. This new paradigm turns the historical concept of managing upside down. But it has historical precedence from our opening example of early Christianity all the way up through such management thinkers as Douglas McGregor, Frederick Herzberg, and Abraham Maslow (Tyler, 2008).
Based on your readings and your personal and professional experiences, how accurate is this hypothesis?
Part 2: Topic 2 DUE DATE: 12 Jan 2018 DUE TIME: 18:00Hrs GMT
Diagram the Process Flow Table 3–1 on page 61 of the PMBOK® Guide (attached) maps out the Project Management Process Groups and the Knowledge Areas in a matrix format. Using this table and your understanding of the PMBOK® Guide, discuss the process flow to include the following:
● Select one of the sample diagrams from the Unit 6 Sample Process Mapping file and discuss each of the five process groups showing the inputs, tools, techniques and, outputs of each of the 47 processes.
● Explain what this mapping is trying to achieve and how you would use it in managing a project?
Consolidate your findings into a focus paper with a supporting thesis that justifies the utilization of the PMBOK® Guide five process groups by a project manager on a major project.
Criteria for the Assignment
● Criterion 1: Is the organized discussion of the five process groups showing the inputs, tools and techniques and, outputs of each of the 47 processes?
● Criterion 2: Is there an explanation of what mapping is trying to achieve?
● Criterion 3: Is there an explanation of how mapping would be used in managing a project?
● Criterion 4: Does the focus paper support a thesis justifying the utilization of the PMBOK® Guide five process groups by a project manager on a major project?
● APA information presented as a cover page (please see Unit 3 Sample Assignment)
● Table of contents
● Executive summary
● Body of the focus paper (use Headings to organize).
● Conclusion stated as your thesis justifying the utilization of the PMBOK® Guide five process groups by a project manager on a major project
● After the Conclusion, insert the Project Management Process Mapping diagram you selected.
● Reference page, a minimum of 3 scholarly journal or textbook source references cited and credited according to APA format using a minimum of 6 intext citations
● The paper should be focused and to the point, containing between 700 and 900 words from the Executive Summary to the end of your Conclusion.
Resch, M. (2011). Strategic project management transformation. Fort Lauderdale, FL: J. Ross Publishing.
• Chapter 12: “Achieving Optimal Results in the Value Attainment Phase”
• Chapter 13: “From Project Closure to Continuous Value Improvement”
Project Management Institute (PMI) . (2013). A guide to project management body of knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) (5th ed.). Newtown Square, PA: Project Management Institute (PMI) .
• Section 4.5: “Integrated Change Control” (pp.94-99) Pappas, L. (2006).
The speed of change. PM Network®. 20(4), 42–46. Tyler, M. (2008). Virtual management of teams: A revolutionary approach. Proceedings from EABR & TLC ’08: The European Applied Business Research Conference, and The College Teaching & Learning Conference. Rothenburg, GE: Clute Institute.
Diagram the Process Flow
Points Possible Points Earned
Content (50 pts)
Response successfully answers the Assignment question(s); thoroughly uses the text and other literature. Includes a strong thesis statement, introduction, and conclusion. The main points of the paper are developed clearly. All arguments are supported well (no errors in logic) using outside sources as assigned. 25points
Sources are primarily academic journals, with thoughtful use Web sources. References are applied substantively to the paper topic. Skillfully addresses counter-arguments and does not ignore data contradicting its claim. Refers to sources both in-text and in the reference page. 25points
Analysis (30 pts)
Response exhibits strong higher-order critical thinking and analysis (e.g., evaluation). Paper shows original thought. 10points
Analysis includes proper classifications, explanations, comparisons and inferences. 10points
Critical thinking includes appropriate judgments, conclusions and assessment based on evaluation and synthesis of information. 10points
Writing (20 pts)
Grammatical skills are strong with typically less than one error per page. Correct use of APA when assigned. 6points
Appropriate to the assignment, fresh (interesting to read), accurate, (no far-fetched, unsupported comments), precise (say what you mean), and concise (not wordy). 8points
Project is in 12-point font. Narrative sections are double-spaced with a double space between. Project is free of serious errors; grammar, punctuation, and spelling help to clarify the meaning by following accepted conventions. 6points
We give our students 100% satisfaction for their assignment, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us from other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason that our inception days, we have helped more than 100000 students with their assignments successfully. Our expert’s group have more than 2200 professionals of different topics, and that not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.
Place Order Now