Walmart in Africa Case Study assignment 2023 Business Finance
2023 For this assignment please read Alcacer J Agrawal A Vaish H 2013 2017 Walmart around the
For this assignment, please read Alcacer, J., Agrawal, A., Vaish, H. (2013, 2017). Walmart around the world. Harvard Business School. (Access is available in the course modules under the “Getting Started” heading, then “Course Pack”)
Your written report should be three to five pages. This report is written for the CEO. Your assignment is to provide a 5-year strategy to successfully grow in the African market.
In 2011, Walmart entered the African market by acquiring a controlling (51%) interest in Massmart. Based on your analysis of Walmart’s global expansion performance up to today and your research on the African retail market, present your recommendations on what Walmart should do to be successful in Africa. (Use a five-year timeframe.) Your strategy should include a discussion of market entry methods and explain why they are appropriate. You should mention specific countries and recommend the type of Walmart store appropriate for each market. Provide compelling support for your recommendations. Also, please consider Ghemawat’s CAGE Distance Framework (remember the HBR “Distance still matters” article you read earlier in the term) when you are analyzing the case. (You should devote over 90% of your case analysis to answering this question.)
Please include exhibits and references in a separate Appendix.
Case Analysis Guidelines
- Three- to five-page typed Case summary. Do not exceed the five-page limit for your written paper. You can use a sixth page for graphics (chart, graph, table, and picture) that are relevant to your case analysis or recommendations. The appendix is an added page
- Assume your case summary will be read by the CEO and Board of Directors. Be professional
- Be clear and concise. However, be specific enough to demonstrate what you know
- You will receive a much better grade for thorough research, original thoughts and ideas, and well-supported recommendations. You will receive a very low grade for lack of research and unsupported recommendations. Do not repeat the facts given in the case
- Written analysis
- Discuss the challenges and/or important factors facing the company
- Show evidence that you performed research on relevant topics (industry, company, product, country, market, competition, etc.) and understand the current situation (the cases are several years old)
- Recommend a specific course of action and provide a convincing explanation as to why your actions will lead to success for the company (vague and general reasons will not convince me)
- Do not merely repeat facts stated in the case. Demonstrate your critical thinking ability
- Financial analysis
- Use the knowledge and quantitative skills you acquired in your accounting, finance, economics, statistics, etc., courses
- Use data and information to analyze the situation and support your recommendations
- Use charts, graphs, tables, etc., to explain the situation and help others to understand your recommendations
We give our students 100% satisfaction for their assignment, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us from other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason that our inception days, we have helped more than 100000 students with their assignments successfully. Our expert’s group have more than 2200 professionals of different topics, and that not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.