U5D2-64 – NEED TO KNOW SPSS – Interpret the Correlation, nature of the relationship in your own words of the Meta-Analysis reported on playing video games…see details 2023 Business Finance
2023 IBM SPSS Step by Step Guide Correlations U5D2 Interpreting Correlations A meta analysis Anderson Bushman 2001 reported that the average correlation between
IBM SPSS Step-by-Step Guide: Correlations.
U5D2- Interpreting Correlations
A meta-analysis (Anderson & Bushman, 2001) reported that the average correlation between time spent playing video games ( X ) and engaging in aggressive behavior ( Y ) in a set of 21 well-controlled experimental studies was .19.
*This correlation was judged to be statistically significant.
*In your own words, what can you say about the nature of the relationship?
Anderson, C. A., & Bushman, B. J. (2001). Effects of violent video games on aggressive behavior, aggressive cognition, aggressive affect, physiological arousal, and prosocial behavior: A meta-analytic review of the scientific literature. Psychological Science, 12(5), 353â€“359.
To successfully complete this learning unit, you will be expected to:
1. Analyze the interpretation of correlation coefficients.
2. Identify the assumptions of correlation.
3. Identify null hypothesis testing of correlation.
4. Interpret a correlation reported in the scientific literature.
5. Analyze the assumptions of correlation.
Unit 5 Study 1
Use your Warner text, Applied Statistics: From Bivariate Through Multivariate Techniques , to complete the following:
• Read Chapter 7, “Bivariate Pearson Correlation,” pages 261–314. This chapter addresses the following topics:
◦ Assumptions of Pearson’s r.
◦ Preliminary data screening for Pearson’s r.
◦ Statistical significance tests for Pearson’s r.
◦ Factors influencing the magnitude and sign of Pearson’s r.
◦ Effect-size indexes.
◦ Interpretation of Pearson’s r values.
• Read Chapter 8, “Alternative Correlation Coefficients,” pages 315–343. This chapter addresses the following topics:
◦ Correlations for rank or ordinal scores.
◦ Correlations for true dichotomies.
◦ Correlations for artificial dichotomies.
◦ Chi-square test of association.
PSY Learners – Additional Required Readings
In addition to the other required study activities for this unit, PSY learners are required to read the following articles. Note: For the first article, focus on interpreting Table 1. Jia, Y., Konold, T. R., & Cornell, D. (2015). Authoritative school climate and high school dropout rates. School Psychology Quarterly. doi:10.1037/spq0000139
Anderson, C. A., & Bushman, B. J. (2001). Effects of violent video games on aggressive behavior, aggressive cognition, aggressive affect, physiological arousal, and prosocial behavior: A meta-analytic review of the scientific literature. Psychological Science, 12(5), 353–359.
SOE Learners – Suggested Readings
Some programs have opted to provide program-specific content designed to help you better understand how the subject matter in this study is incorporated into your particular field of study. The following readings are suggested for SOE learners.
Walk, M., & Rupp, A. (2010). Pearson product-moment correlation coefficient. In N. J. Salkind (Ed.), Encyclopedia of research design (pp. 1023–1026). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. doi:10.4135/9781412961288.n309
We give our students 100% satisfaction for their assignment, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us from other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason that our inception days, we have helped more than 100000 students with their assignments successfully. Our expert’s group have more than 2200 professionals of different topics, and that not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.
Place Order Now