the current year by Danix Co., an appliance wholesale company 2023 Business Finance
2023 PR 9 6B Sales and notes receivable transactions The following were selected from among the transactions completed
PR 9-6B Sales and notes receivable transactions
The following were selected from among the transactions completed during the current year by Danix Co., an appliance wholesale company:
Jan. 21. Sold merchandise on account to Black Tie Co., $28,000. The cost of merchandise sold was $16,800.
Mar. 18. Accepted a 60-day, 6% note for $28,000 from Black Tie Co. on account.
May 17. Received from Black Tie Co. the amount due on the note of March 18.
June 15. Sold merchandise on account to Pioneer Co. for $17,700. The cost of merchandise sold was $10,600.
21. Loaned $18,000 cash to JR Stutts, receiving a 30-day, 8% note.
25. Received from Pioneer Co. the amount due on the invoice of June 15, less 1% discount.
July 21. Received the interest due from JR Stutts and a new 60-day, 9% note as a renewal of the loan of June 21. (Record both the debit and the credit to the notes receivable account.)
Sept. 19. Received from JR Stutts the amount due on her note of July 21.
22. Sold merchandise on account to Wycoff Co., $20,000. The cost of merchandise sold was $12,000.
Oct. 14. Accepted a 30-day, 6% note for $20,000 from Wycoff Co. on account.
Nov. 13. Wycoff Co. dishonored the note dated October 14.
Dec. 28. Received from Wycoff Co. the amount owed on the dishonored note, plus interest for 45 days at 8% computed on the maturity value of the note.
Journalize the entries to record the transactions.
Gen-X Ads Co. produces advertising videos. During the current fiscal year, Gen-X Ads Co. received the following notes:
1. Determine for each note (a) the due date and (b) the amount of interest due at maturity, identifying each note by number.
2. Journalize the entry to record the dishonor of Note (3) on its due date
3. Journalize the adjusting entry to record the accrued interest on Notes (5) and (6) on December 31.
4. Journalize the entries to record the receipt of the amounts due on Notes (5) and (6) in January and February.
We give our students 100% satisfaction for their assignment, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us from other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason that our inception days, we have helped more than 100000 students with their assignments successfully. Our expert’s group have more than 2200 professionals of different topics, and that not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.