Week 8 Assignment – Litigation, Censures, and Fines 2023 Business Finance
2023 Week 8 Assignment Litigation Censures and Fines Overview You are the accountant for ACC KarParts a thriving company that makes auto parts You oversee all
Week 8 Assignment – Litigation, Censures, and Fines
You are the accountant for ACC KarParts, a thriving company that makes auto parts. You oversee all accounting functions within the company. Quinn, your supervisor, has informed you that if the company’s profits grow by 30% this year, you will receive a $30,000 bonus, and she will receive a $60,000 bonus. No bonuses will be awarded if profit growth is less than 30%. Near the end of this fiscal year, the two of you have the following conversation:
- Quinn: We are getting close to 28% profit by the end of this year. If this happens, neither you nor I will get any bonus. What can be done to reach our target and get our bonus?
- You: There is nothing we can do to reach 30% profit this year. However, we can plan to reach that target next year.
- Quinn: If we claim some of the next year revenues to be part of the current year, you will get your bonus, I will get mine, and the investors will be happier. Therefore, everybody will be happy.
- You: Uh, Quinn, that would be an unethical action.
- Quinn: We are simply moving revenue from one period to another. We are not faking the revenue transactions.
As an accountant, what would you do in this situation?
Write a 2–3 page report explaining to Quinn why you can’t move revenue from one period to another. In the report:
- Explain the importance of ethics in accounting.
- Apply ethical principles and professionalism to the case at ACC KarParts.
- Based on generally accepted accounting principles, recommend at least three acceptable legal alternatives to meet company goals.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library, or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate a business’s accounting system for compliance with accounting principles, regulations, and ethical business practices.
We give our students 100% satisfaction for their assignment, which is one of the most important reasons students prefer us from other helpers. Our professional group and planners have more than ten years of rich experience. The only reason that our inception days, we have helped more than 100000 students with their assignments successfully. Our expert’s group have more than 2200 professionals of different topics, and that not all; we get more than 300 jobs every day more than 90% of the assignment get the conversion for payment.