- How does energy flow through an ecosystem? What is a producer, a consumer (primary and secondary) and a decomposer?
- How is the human body similar to an ecosystem? Provide a description of two ways in which the human body is similar to an ecosystem.
- Select two of the organ systems in the human body and describe their function. What role(s) do they play in maintaining the environment of the human body?
- Humans are consumers in the ecosystem. As part of our evolution, we have developed and urbanized many parts of the world affecting the habitat of other species. Select a city or town in the United States that has become urbanized and postulate or provide a supported example of how another species have adapted to the urban environment.
- Do you think that humans should make a greater effort to protect the habitats of other species? What efforts do you recommend?