Design a 10-15 slide “best practices” PowerPoint presentation for an audience of child care professionals.
Drawing on knowledge gained from Lesson 7 course materials and on the content and revisions of your Lesson 5 and Lesson 6 assignments, design a PowerPoint presentation that discusses “best child care practices” for an audience of child care professionals.
Lessons 5, 6, and 7 cover a lot of content, so you are going to have to make some choices in order to develop a focused, detailed, supported presentation. Use the criteria below, but focus your response on the elements of physical, cognitive, and social emotional growth and development that you think are most important for this audience to understand.
Your presentation should cover details of the following:
- Describe, in brief, the physical, cognitive, and social emotional needs of young children that professionals will encounter in the field.
- Discuss challenges that young children face in their physical, cognitive, and social emotional development and experiences that professionals will encounter in the field.
- Outline effective child care practices in terms of:
- Designing the child care setting/environment
- Constructing the curriculum
- Working with children in the classroom as they develop socially and emotionally
- Make sure to provide detailed strategies and intervention techniques.
Your presentation should make use of assignment content that you developed in Lesson 5 and 6 and knowledge that you gained while working through Lesson 7. Your presentation should also use the textbook and lesson materials directly for support. Cite all sources appropriately.