- An information model helps you understand and manage large amounts of information.
- A type is kind of information. Actual pieces of information are called information items
- An attribute is one part or aspect of an information type.
- Attributes have value patterns. They are entry formats that specify the way that values of the attribute are expected to be entered.
- Info items have relationships to other items that connect them. As, for example, when a particular person (an item) likes a particular event (another item)