Films are found on YouTube . Part 1 is embedded for you . You must go to YouTube to retrieve Part 2 | exclusivewritings.com
Martin Luther PBS Documentary Part 1 and 2
Films are found on YouTube . Part 1 is embedded for you . You must go to YouTube to retrieve Part 2. Do an analysis using Worksheet K- Piper Film Analysis combining both films . Turn in then post a discussion on the discussion board for your attendance.
WORKSHEET K Analyzing Historical Films
When watching a film or video interpretation of any event, consider using the following (PIPER) model of analysis,
P Point of View?
P Persuasive Techniques?
R Relevant Information?
Use this work sheet to help you analyze historical films you watch?
- Name of film:
- Main point of the film:
- P What is the point of view of the film? Was it overly favorable or critical of a particular group or individual?
- I What inferences were made in the film? Were there parts of the film that filmmakers must have made up because they couldn’t have known this from the available evidence?
- P What Techniques are used in the film to persuade the audience to the filmmakers point of view? Note music, camera angle, character portrayal, etc.
- E What evidence is included to support the point of view put forth in the film? What is the source of that evidence? How strong is it?
- R What relevant information do I know? Does it contradict or support the story presented in the film?
- Overall, how strong are the historical arguments in this film? Is it historically accurate?
1983, 1990 Midwest Publications * Critical Thinking Press & Software