HCA415: Community & Public Health-Community Health Roles | exclusivewritings.com
Community Health Roles
Complete The Community Health Roles worksheet.
(Instructions are also on the first two pages of the worksheet)
Part I: Start by reviewing the articles on quasi-government and non-governmental agencies in your REQUIRED course materials. Then:
- Provide solid definitions of governmental agencies, quasi-government, non-government agencies. Please do not copy your definitions from a dictionary or any source. You must explain these in your own words. Copying and/or direct quoting will result in 0 points on this portion of your assignment.
- Explain the difference between public health and medical services.
Part II:INSTRUCTIONS: Complete the chart below. In each box in column 1, you need to select four public health concerns from the list below. (You might want to review information on some of the suggested health topics in Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 9 in your textbook, listed in RECOMMENDED course materials.) Your task is to find health-related organizations/agencies and a link to their website that address these issues at three distinct levels:
- Governmental Agencies (column B)
- Quasi-Government Agencies (column C)
- Non-Governmental Agencies (column D).
Then, in column E, write in one or two sentences explaining why this issue is a public or community health concern. Remember that public/community health focuses on populations, not individuals. Think back to your explanation in Part II outlining the differences between public health medical services. You are required to review scholarly research to determine the role of public health as it relates to these issues. Each description MUST include a citation.
Please note that your description of the importance to public health should not be rooted in the individual medical health care. Public health focuses on populations, not individual care. See the example below to help you with your worksheet responses.
Pick 4 from this list:
Kosar, K. R. (2013). The quasi-government in America. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. Retrieved from http://www.kevinrkosar.com/Kosar_The_Quasi_Government_01-2013.pdf
- This six-page article represents the remarks intended for presenting at the Workshop for Public Institution REfore in China. It provides a solid definition and explanation of quasi-governmental organizations.
Kosar, K. R. (2011). The quasi government: Hybrid organizations with both government and private sector legal characteristics. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. Congressional Research Service. Retrieved from https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL30533.pdf
- This provides additional insights into quasi governmental organizations and how they operate.
Willetts, P. (n.d.). What is a non-governmental organization? (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. Retrieved from http://www.gdrc.org/ngo/peter-willets.html.
- This one-page article defines non-governmental organizations.
USA.gov. (n.d.). A-Z index of U.S. government departments and agencies (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Retrieved from https://www.usa.gov/federal-agencies/a
- This website provides a complete listing of all the governmental agencies in the US.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get a Discount!
The post HCA415: Community & Public Health-Community Health Roles appeared first on Premium Academic Affiliates.