Please adjust format, wording and structure as necessary. also condense as much as possible.
Obtain a job opportunity where I can use my management and leadership skills to excel either in the field of retail/restaurant management.
American military university system, GPA- 3.89 (AMUS)
Dave&Busters- Maryland Heights, MO
General Manager, January 2016 – Present
• Optimize financial results and drive sales as well as control costs.
. Responsible for the $16 Million operation, through directing 7 operations managers and 4 executive managers.
• Manages annual budget and business plan to meet targeted financial performance.
•Analyze financial reports and develops action plans to grow revenue and control expenses in order to meet or exceed annual budgets for specific departments.
•Maintain systems which insure overall fiscal responsibility for inventory, etc.
• Responsible for all aspects of a particular area of the operation to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives.
•Set departments goals by period for individual area.
•Capitalizes business opportunities in the market area by executing Company marketing strategies to drive sales.
•Administers decisions around all store sales and performance incentive programs
•Select and develop Certified Trainers for more responsibility or internal promotability into management program.
•Promotes positive employee relations including effective delegation of managerial duties, fostering high staff morale, upholding operation standards, and execution of the performance management process.
T.G.I. Fridays-Fairview Heights, IL
General Manager, June 2012- January 2016
• Managing all areas of operations for a specific department within the Restaurant including marketing and human resources, while ensuring the Company’s standards of quality, service and operations are maintained
• Managing operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision making, staff support, guest interaction, scheduling, planning, while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
• Maintaining and delegating an accurate and up to date manpower plan of restaurant staffing needs to Management Team.
• Overseeing scheduling and ensuring that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts and Labor cost is in line with budget and evenly spread
• Using the Great Selection process to interview all team members ensuring team members hired meet Company standards.
• Staffing, training and developing Management team and team members through orientations, ongoing feedback establishment of performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews on a regular basis
• Identifying operational opportunities to build sales and control costs; developing and implementing plans to address opportunities (i.e., R&M, marketing) • Performing liquor, wine and beer checks to ensure proper invoicing.
• Ensuring proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and Company assets, including security or beer walk-in, liquor room, store room, freezer and office
• Preparing end of shift reports including Daily Labor Control, Daily Food Control, and Daily Sales Supervising 40-60 team members. 2-5 trainers per shift When acting as manager on duty, overseeing restaurant operation with annual sales of 3.5 Million in sales
Denny’s- Parkville, MD
District Manager, August 2008- June 2012
• Develop district-level strategies to achieve each locations financial, operational and guest-service goals, while addressing each location unique strengths and challenges.
• Lead a team of leaders, motivate, coach and strengthen General Managers as team leaders, operators and business owners.
• Serve as a resource to provide expertise on key issues, team staffing and management, operations and company policies and procedures
• Experience managing 4 or more locations, departments or units, P&L, inventory, operations and guest service
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Develop and implement action plans for the district in order to achieve business targets.
• Use interpersonal skills to source, interview and hire management staff.
• Collaborate with GMS from all the stores including the field human resource management and director of operations