Federal CIO Council’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Toolkit
Due Week 9 and worth 70 points
The consumerization of Information Technology (IT) has given rise to the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) phenomenon in which employees bring personally owned mobile devices to the workplace and connect them to the corporate network. The Federal CIO Council released a BYOD Toolkit that includes three case studies of agencies that are implementing BYOD. Read “Bring Your Own Device – A Toolkit to Support Federal Agencies Implementing Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Programs”, located at http://www.whitehouse.gov/digitalgov/bring-your-own-device.
Write a 3 page paper in which you:
1. Examine the three (3) case studies in the toolkit in terms of:
a. policy implications.
b. “opt in” and “opt out” of government-provided devices.
c. expenditure reduction by the Federal government or State governments.
2. Examine the IT support requirements for the employee devices.
3. Examine potential security risks, data breaches, and lost devices. Provide guidelines on how these risks could be mitigated.
4. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA Format