For this essay, I’ve decided that I want to focus on proposals. Below will be a list of internet controversies. Pick one of these issues, research the background of them, and propose a solution to the problems they represent.
- Sea Lions
- Internet Mobs
- Gamer Gate
- Primary Politics on the Internet
- No True Scotsman fallacies
- Memes as argument
- Prosecuting Rape and Death Threats
- Trigger Warnings
Remember, proposals require that you identify the specific problem, offer a specific solution, background the problem, detail your solution, show how feasible your solution is (including possible objections to it), and finally, conclude with a call to action seeking support for your solution. These elements are required in this essay.
- Elements of proposal as outlined above
- Support from outside sources
- Clean and concise, grammatically correct prose.
- Failure to turn in rough draft will result in non-participation in workshop.