Social scientists have proposed a number of theories to explain juvenile delinquency. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. For this assignment, go to the following Website, located athttp://listverse.com/2011/05/14/top-10-young-killers/ and select one of the juvenile case studies. ( Please do not pick Eric Smith)
After reading the case, select one (1) of the psychological theories discussed in Chapter 4 of the text.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Summarize three (3) key aspects of the juvenile case study that you selected.
- Highlight at least three (3) factors that you believe are important for one to understand the origins of the juvenile’s delinquent behavior.
- Apply at least two (2) concepts from the theory that you chose from the text that would help explain the juvenile’s behavior.
- Identify one (1) appropriate strategy geared toward preventing delinquency that is consistent with the theory you chose.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Differentiate between various theoretical explanations for delinquent behavior.
- Illustrate how social factors such as gender, racial and ethnic background, and social class relate to delinquency.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in juvenile delinquency and justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about juvenile delinquency and justice using proper writing mechanics.