Hi, I need help writing an analysis essay on the TV show GILMORE GIRLS, for my english class.
write a 750-1000 word analysis essay on theme of gender in Gilmore Girls.
This essay should include a clear thesis and well developed key ideas with topic sentences and supporting examples. The essay should also follow the conventional organization of the following three elements:
– Introduction: introduces the subject/s being analyzed and, in a thesis statement, states the reason for the analysis and the main ideas/claims that support that reason. The thesis should be the last sentence in the introduction.
– Body: contains at least three body paragraphs that begin with topic sentences (supporting arguments) that prove your thesis. Each topic sentence should be a reason why the thesis is true.
– Conclusion: summarizes the analysis and explains new understanding.
Suggestions to develop the body of the essay:
- Analyze the characters’ representations of gender (summary does not belong in an analysis!)
- The thesis and topic sentences should be the strongest, most analytical sentences in your essay.
- Support each point with specific examples and details from the episodes you watched
- Relate each point of analysis back to the thesis
- Follow a clear organizational pattern
- Include transitional words and phrases to make your observations clear
- use specific supporting examples from the episodes you watched. You may also include quotes or paraphrases from the selected readings, as long as you cite them correctly. Note: No general summaries of the shows.
Sample thesis statement (Gilmore Girls)
“Lorelai in Gilmore Girls fulfills the stereotypical gender role of the mother; however, she also goes against societal expectations by fulfilling the unconventional roles of father and peer.”
**Paper must be written using MLA format**
*show titles are underlined or italicized and episodes are within quotation marks
Readings to use for essay:
- reports on gender stereotypes (attached)