Write a 1 page (single spaced) critical review on the article attached.
Format for critical review:
- Complete Citation (APA, 6th edition)
- Problem/Issue Addressed
- Study Design/ Methodology
- Your Impression of the study design and findings
GUIDELINES AND QUESTIONS TO BE CONSIDERED
- Reviews should begin with a full bibliographic citation (author, title of journal article, name of journal, volume, issue, date of publication, pages).
- Is there any biographical information about the author given? What are the author’s qualifications and authority?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Define the general problem area. What does the author intend to discuss? Why?
- Does the author try to build on past research?
- What is the objective or purpose of the research? Is this clearly stated?
- Does the author define any terms? Are the definitions specific, useful, circular?
- What is the effect of the author’s language? Is the vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate? Does the author maintain neutrality in his/her choice of words and terms or are they emotionally charged or biased?
- Are illustrations, tables, or graphs used? Do they complement the text? Are they the best method to present data, or are they unnecessary?
- What are the author’s major findings and conclusions? Have these been supported by the author’s analyses, arguments, findings or evidence? Has the author overlooked anything?
- Is the article referred to by anyone else? How is the article used by other authors: background, support, rebuttal, etc.?
- Does the author accomplish her/his objective(s)? Does the author do what she/he has set out to do?
- Does the author suggest areas for further research or discussion?